To improve the user experience, for the Anahita 4.5 release, we will rewrite the workflows in Signup, Register, Password Reset, and Invites. The following changes will happen:
1. SIGNUP will take the user directly to their profile. Right now, the user has to click on a token link that Anahita emails to them. We implemented the token link to prevent bots from signup for an account, but now google Recaptcha does a reasonably good job identifying bots.
2. we are going to remove the Add Person feature. Instead, Admins or registered members can send out email invitations with token links.
3. REGISTER is for users who have a token link, and we already have their email address. They have to provide their name and password to register.
4. PASSWORD RESET sends out an email with a token link. When the user clicks on the token link, it directs them to the Password Reset form. After updating their password, they go to the login page.
1. Both the Invite and Password Reset tokens will have expiry times.
2. We will develop a com_tokens component in the core library to reuse it in other Components such as Invites, People, and Anahita OAuth.
3. We are removing facebook support from the Invites app and only keeping the email invites feature.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please post a comment below.